Happy Sunday, y’all! Wait… it is Sunday, right? My days of the week get all mixed up with all this social distancing we’ve been doing. Hopefully you survived this week and are getting a chance to relax this weekend.
At the beginning of social distancing, I did a lot of reading, and then I felt a little burned out when it came to my To-Be-Read stack. But a lot of my favorite authors are getting releasing new books in the next month or so, and I wanted to share them with you so you can go ahead and add them to your TBR list (or pre-order them). A few of them are books I’ve heard a lot of book-bloggers talking about and that I’m super excited for, too.
The majority of these are summery, beachy books—the perfect escape for this crazy, insane world we’re living in.
- On Ocean Boulevard by Mary Alice Monroe. I had the opportunity to read an advanced copy of this next installment of The Beach House series, and it’s absolutely delightful. It’s being released on May 19th, and I’ll be sharing a full review of it closer to release date, but meanwhile, you can read the full synopsis here.
2. Hello Summer by Mary Kay Andrews. I’ve been a fan of MKA’s books for years, and I’m so excited for another one of her sassy Southern stories. Hello Summer involves small town scandals and secrets—the perfect combination to take your mind off Covid-19. You can pre-order it now or buy it on May 5, and you can read the full synopsis here.
3. Feels Like Falling by Kristy Woodson Harvey. I’ve never actually read any of KWH’s books, but I’ve read really great reviews of her writing, and I have one of her earlier books in my TBR stack. Her newest book is already getting rave reviews from some of my favorite authors, so I’m really excited to order it. It’s set on the North Carolina coast (and you know I love a good beach read). Read the full synopsis here. You can purchase Feels Like Falling on April 28.
4. Girls of Summer by Nancy Thayer. I love Nancy Thayer’s stories and how they seem to transport me to the Nantucket area and summer romances. I also love the way her stories revolve around different aspects of familial relationships. Her new book is being released on May 26, and you can read the full synopsis here.
5. 28 Summers by Elin Hildebrand. Elin Hildebrand is another one of my favorite authors, and her stories just suck me in every time. Her latest book involves a deathbed wish, politics, and an affair and is being released on June 16. You can read the full synopsis here.
6. The Betrothed by Kiera Cass. Kiera Cass is the author of The Selection series, which is basically The Hunger Games meets The Bachelor, so I’m really excited for her new book. You can read the full synopsis here, and The Betrothed will be released on May 5.
7. Big Summer by Jennifer Weiner comes out on May 5 (what a popular day for book launches, am I right?) and I’ve heard some fantastic reviews from some of my favorite book bloggers/bookstagrammers. And… one of the parts of this story that I’m most excited about is that one of the main characters is a plus size influencer! You can read the full synopsis here.
Are there any book releases you’re excited for? What are you reading right now? Drop a comment below and let me know!
Stay home & stay safe,