It’s official! I’m twenty-eight years old! Honestly, I look in the mirror some days and wonder when I became an adult. Why gave me permission to be an adult? I feel like I should still be in high school—not working in a bank, paying all my own bills, and hunting for house. Time flies when you’re having fun, and this last year has been especially memorable. Twenty-seven was a great age, and the next year will need to be pretty spectacular if it’s going to compare.
Because it’s my 28th birthday, I thought I would share 28 Fun Facts about myself faith y’all, so here goes:
- On my 6th birthday, my parents gave me a black-and-white pet rabbit. I named him Oreo, and we had him for years.
- I am scared of rubber bands and balloons (mainly because they can snap/pop).
- I loved American Girl dolls when I was a child, and I had Josefina & Elizabeth. I still have them and lots of American Girl doll furniture stored at my parents house for when I have a little girl.
- I am way behind on almost ALL Netflix shows because I like to rewatch Friends and The Office too much.
- When I was a child (around 5), the Children’s church teacher showed us The Lion King. I cried so hard when Simba’s dad died that the teacher had to go get my parents out of the church service to come calm me down. I waited nearly twenty years before I watched that movie again.
- I bite my fingernails when I’m anxious, which is often.
- I graduated from Georgia Southern University, but I spent my Freshman year of college at Middle Georgia College (which is now Middle Georgia State University).
- I wasn’t allowed to date in high school.
- I have two small scars in the middle of my forehead from when I had chicken pox as a middle-schooler.
- My oldest nephew, Andrew, is 2+ years older than me, so I was an aunt from the moment I was born.
- I barely passed all my accounting/finance/calculus classes in college…. and then I ended up working in a bank.
- My first job out of college was at Enterprise Rent-A-Car. It was a nightmare, and I have actually blocked out so many of the awful memories.
- I have never eaten Taco Bell (thinking of fixing this soon).
- I broke my collar bone as a child when I fell down the steep wooden staircase in my parents’ house.
- I love decorating for EVERY holiday, but Christmas is my favorite.
- I love anything miniature. The more detailed, the better. It sounds weird, but tiny things are so cute to me.
- When I was 7 or 8, I dressed up as Princess Leia (white dress, buns on the side of my head, stormtrooper blaster) for Halloween.
- I took four years of social dance and etiquette in high school, and I think knowing how to ballroom dance is one of the best things I’ve learned in life so far.
- I only like polynesian sauce when I eat at Chick-Fil-A. The rest of them are gross.
- I try to read Little Women at least once a year. It’s my favorite book.
- I once applied to be an extra for Sweet Home Alabama because it was filmed near my hometown.
- I have a coffee mug addiction—just ask Ryan. I’m very particular about the ones that I buy, but I have way too many.
- I love the TV show, Live PD. Goose and I watch it together a lot because he likes all the blue lights haha!
- One of my biggest goals/dreams in life is to own a beach house. It will happen.
- When I was looking to leave my last job, I actually applied to be a police officer. They never responded to my application.
- A few years ago, I was on vacation with my family, and a palm tree fell on me. I put my Eno hammock up between two palm trees… and I didn’t know that one of them was rotten. It feel on me and knocked me out briefly, but the bruise on my upper arm lasted for months afterwards.
- My first experience with a Palmetto Bug (flying cockroaches we have in the coastal area) was when it flew STRAIGHT AT ME, and I fell backwards through my glass coffee table, shattering it. I survived. The cockroach later died of blunt force trauma.
- I have been skydiving twice, and I’d love to go a third time. However, I’ve jumped out of a perfectly good plane twice now and survived… I think it’s best if I don’t tempt fate again.
So there ya go… 28 Fun Facts about me that you might not have known! Hopefully, some of them were interesting and some of them made you laugh a little. I mean, let’s be honest—the palm tree-falling story is a classic!
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to celebrate my birthday! Love y’all!