How is already the end of July? I truly can’t figure out where the month went. We were so busy in July, but August looks like it’ll be a pretty quiet month—at least it does right now— and I hope it will stay that way!
Like I often do, I wanted to do a quick round-up of what’s being going on this month, what I’m loving, what I’m reading—you get the idea!
High Points of July:
- I launched my book! It feels surreal and also completely normal. You can buy your copy here.
- I joined Barre3 Charleston! Honestly, if you had told me that I would be joining a workout studio a month ago, I would’ve laughed. I never though group exercise classes were my thing, but I absolutely LOVE Barre3. It pushes me every single time, but I always feel amazing after I finish a class. That cold, damp, lavender-scented towel they give me to help cool down is often the highlight of my day.
- I went to Daytona for the weekend with my sister Luci and her two girls, Isabelle & Caroline. We spent a fun couple of days together, soaking up lots of sun and eating lots of fried shrimp.
What I Loved in July:
- Anthropologie’s Plus Size Line. A friend of mine recommended Anthropologie’s clothes to me, and I’ve purchased two dresses from them that I love! The fit is great, and the items all seem to be well made. My advice is to purchase sale items (but not final sale) because Anthropologie’s prices can be pretty high!
- Neutrogena Deep Clean Purifying Micellar Water. This micellar water helps me clean so much makeup and dirt off my skin at the end of the day, and I use it daily. I feel like my skin is so much cleaner when I use this product, and I highly recommend trying it or any micellar water.
- Teavana Iced Craft Tea. I picked one of these up at Walgreens a few weeks back, and they are so refreshing. They aren’t super healthy, but they have less calories than a soda, and I think they quench my thirst better than a soda, too. My favorite flavors are the Peach Green Tea, Pineapple Berry Blue Herbal Tea, & Mango Black Tea. They’re perfect for a hot summer day by the pool or at the beach.
What I Read in July:
- The Summer I Was Pretty series by Jenny Han. You may be familiar with Jenny Han—she wrote To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before. I’m not even sure how I stumbled along this series (three books), but I thoroughly enjoyed Books 1 & 2. Book 3 did feel like a little bit of a stretch, though, and I found myself starting to get annoyed with the main character.
- The Cliff House by Raeanne Thayne. I picked this one up from the library because, quite honestly, the cover was pretty. I wouldn’t recommend it, though. It was just “meh”.
- Summer of ’69 by Elin Hildebrand. I shared my review of this book with y’all earlier this month, and I can’t recommend it enough.
- I’m currently reading Ember Dragon Daughter, my friend Rebecca’s debut novel. Up next after that is The Idea Of You which was highly recommended by the ladies at Bad on Paper Podcast.
So, like I said, July was pretty busy. I didn’t quite meet all of my goals for the month, but that’s okay. I had fun, but I’m very excited to have a relaxing month in August. I’m not starting to write my next book until late August/early September, so Ryan and I are planning to binge watch Game of Thrones and I’ve got a lot of books piled up that I need to read. I also want to get in some serious beach time!
What was the best part of your July? Leave a comment below and let me know!