Happy Friday, y’all! Today, I’m headed down to Daytona Beach for the weekend to spend some quality girl-time with my sister Luci and my two adorable nieces, Isabelle & Caroline.
Most of y’all know by now that I LOVE the beach (self-professed beach bum over here), and since we live relatively close (less than 10 miles) from two great beaches, I keep my beach bag packed all the time. Basically all I have to do is add a cold drink and some snacks, and I’m ready to go. I love seeing “What’s In My Bag” posts, so I decided I’d show y’all what’s in my beach bag!
- Sunscreen, obviously. I tan pretty easily, but I still apply and reapply sunscreen frequently while we’re on the beach. I like to tan, but I hate getting burned. I’m a big fan of Banana Boat products, mainly because that’s what we’ve grown up using. I also think that sunscreen isn’t one of those things you should buy the off-brand of—just personal opinion.
- Sea-Salt Spray & De-Tangling Spray. I really, really like the Not Your Mother’s brand of the Beach Babe Sea Salt Spray and Knotty to Nice de-tangling spray. Sometimes, if you’ve got a serious sea-breeze blowing, the de-tangling spay is crucial. And then, when I’m wrapping up my day at the beach, I like to go ahead and spray a little extra sea-salt spray on. It helps to really “set” those beachy waves, especially if you’re leaving beach and heading straight to supper or something like that.
- Deodorant. I always want to smell clean and fresh, especially on a hot summer day. If you’re swimming in the ocean, your deodorant can wash off easily, so I carry a stick in my beach bag. I currently like Degree Motion Sense, but I also use men’s deodorant sometimes, like Axe. It feels a little more powerful and seems to last longer.
- Bug Repellant. You’re probably thinking that the ocean breeze usually keeps bugs at bay, and it does. But, occasionally, the breeze dies down and the bugs come out! I hate those flies that land on your ankles and sting you, so I have started carrying bug repellant with me every time we go.
- Zipper Bag. I like keeping my phone, keys, and ID in this little zipper bag so that they stay dry and safe. It’s also a great place to store any treasures you find on the beach—fossils, shells, or sharks’ teeth. T.J. Maxx usually has some really cute ones!
- Hat/sunglasses. I rarely visit the beach without a hat in my bag (almost the only time I wear one), and I never go without sunglasses. Too much exposure to super-bright sunlight for a long time often triggers migraines for me, so I like to keep my eyes shaded as much as possible.
- Koozie. You’ve gotta be able to keep your drink cold, so be sure and pack a koozie. Recently, Ryan purchased the Yeti Rambler to put his canned drinks in, and it’s really great!
- Snacks. Something about the beach always makes me super hungry, so I try to pack something easy like Goldfish or my personal fav, Boom Chicka Pop Sweet & Salty Kettle Korn (not sponsored, just LOVE this stuff). Whatever you pack, just make sure it’s yummy!
- Beach Towel. This is one of the most crucial parts of your beach gear, in my opinion. I use the towel to lie on, to cushion the back of my chair when I’m napping, to dry off with after a swim in the ocean, and to cover up with when I feel as if I’ve had to much sun. Sometimes I take two!
- Hairbrush. This is another essential. Like I mentioned earlier, my hair often gets pretty tangled from the breeze, so I really like to take a hairbrush to the beach with me.
And that’s pretty much it! My bag is always full! Of course, I often throw some extras in there—a good beach book, a coverup, a pack of gum, and a bottle of tanning oil. My philosophy is that if you think you might need it, just take it with you! And if it won’t all fit… buy a bigger beach bag! I hope y’all enjoyed, and I’d love for you to tell me what’s in YOUR beach bag or you on-the-go bag!
Have a great weekend, y’all,