By the time you’re reading this, I’ll probably be landing at JFK! Ryan and I are heading to New York City to spend an extra long weekend attending BookCon 2019, meeting writer friends, and exploring the city together. Before we leave, I want to share a few of my favorite things I’ve loved this month. I hope you enjoy them!
- Old Navy Swing Dresses. Dresses are so breezy and comfortable this time of year, especially with this really hot weather we’ve been having in Charleston lately. I have the Old Navy one in five different colors/patterns (see the dress above), and I love dressing them up or down, depending on where I’m going. They’re great for work or a quick date night.
- Sarah Dessen’s books. Sarah Dessen is an author I was recently introduced to, and I’m loving her books! They are what I would call, “new adult fiction”, geared towards young girls who are just graduating from high school and heading off to college. They’re easy reads, and I really like the way that the author spins the stories.
- Raw Sugar Living Hair Care. My friend Katie (www.seasonsofkatie.com) introduced me to this brand of shampoo and conditioner, and they’re truly the first products I’ve ever found that makes my hair feel silkier. I am in love with them! I just bought the hair masque, and I’ve only used it once, but I really am obsessed with this line. Right now, I think they’re only available at Target … be sure to look for the bamboo tops on the bottles.
- Our Mac Sports Beach Wagon. I may have told y’all before, but the beach wagon that we registered for and received as a wedding gift is one of the BEST things you can own if you live close to the beach. We can load our small cooler, beach chairs & umbrella, towels, and beach bag into it and then we only have to make one easy trip from the car to the beach. It’s also good for tailgates, picnics, pool days, etc. This is the exact one we have from Bed, Bath, & Beyond.
- Bad on Paper Podcast. A fellow blogger friend has been telling me about this podcast for weeks, and I finally started listening to it this week. I’m hooked! The two women who run the podcast talk about books they’re reading in every other episode and then share life advice/answer questions in every other episode. I am already creating a great list of books to read (because I needed more books to read) based off their recommendations.
Okay, so those are my obsessions/recommendations from May. If you have questions about any of them, please feel free to reach out to me!