Hooray for long weekends! Is anyone else really grateful that it’s Memorial Day Weekend? It has been the longest week at work, and I’m so grateful for the extra day off.
For those of you who know me, I love to make a list (no joke). I have a really, really long Bucket List, and I’m crossing those off one at a time. However, we are now almost halfway through 2019, so I decided to create a new list: 20 before 2020! Call it a mini Bucket List for the rest of the year, if you will, and I wanted to share it with y’all today:
- Visit Asheville. We’ve never been, and I’ve heard so many great thing. Maybe during one of the hotter months when it is (hopefully) slightly cooler in the mountains, we’ll go.
- Visit the Outer Banks. I have been wanting to visit the Outer Banks for years, and I am determined to go this year. I even have our AirBNB picked out—just haven’t booked it yet. There are so many spots I want to see, restaurants I want to try… you get the idea.
- Write my 2nd book. Technically, I’ve already written in, but it’s in first draft form, and it needs a LOT of work! I’m planning to begin editing and revising in late July, right after I publish my first book.
- Publish 2 books this year. If you haven’t already heard, I’m publishing my debut novel on July 26th! I’m also hoping to publish my second book by Christmas. Of course, that’s a lot of work to do between now and then.
- Go on a Writing Retreat. I know a lot of writers who go on mini writing retreats, taking a weekend away to work on their writing. I’m definitely going to be taking one of these, probably in the early fall.
- Establish an LLC. Over the summer, I’m fully intending to establish my own Limited Liability Company for all of my novel-publishing income and expenses. And any other business ventures I might embark upon.
- Meet my reading goals. I’m trying to read 50 books in 2019, and I’m working hard on that. I’m currently a little behind, but I know I can do it! I’m also excited to share some fun book reviews with y’all soon, especially for some of my fave new summer beach reads.
- Decorate our screened porch. We have a decent sized back porch, but we mainly use it for storage (bikes, coolers, etc). I want us to get some good porch furniture and decor for out there, like many of our neighbors, so we can enjoy it when the weather permits.
- Watch Game of Thrones. I’m determined to watch all of this series (I’ve never seen it before), but it’s hard for me to binge it. It’s so intense, brutal, and raw that I can’t handle more than two or three episodes in a row. I’m also planning to watch Chernobyl on HBO when we’re done with that.
- Run another 5K. I love doing 5ks, and I was disappointed when I found out that the one I really wanted to do (Jacksonville Marine Corps 5k) conflicts with a wedding we’re attending in October.
- Attend a Georgia Southern University home game. I really want to go back to GSU and sit in the stands for a home football game. I miss it, and I can’t believe it’s been four years since we graduated. It’s time for us to go back!
- Upgrade my iPhone. I really think that a better phone (with a newer camera) would be beneficial for my blogging, so that’s something I need to do this year. Can we consider that a business investment? Is that a tax write-off?
- Plan our next cruise! I’m dying to go on another cruise before the year is over, and I shop cruise online at least once a week. I really want to visit Cuba! Have you noticed that a lot of my plans involve travel…
- Continue upgrading our apartment. We’ve been working hard to find the right furniture (that all matches) and making sure we have curtains in both bedrooms, etc. I feel like we are, bit by bit, phasing out the college-y stuff we had when we got married. Our apartment is really coming together!
- Begin house-hunting. We’re not necessarily looking to buy in 2019, but I’d really like for us to start looking and getting a better idea of what we want and what we can reasonably afford so we’re ready when the time comes.
- Spend more time with family. I want to visit several of my sisters sometime this year (hey, I’m coming for y’all). I think it’s really important to spend time with family, and I’m realizing that more and more as I grow up.
- Add more plants to our apartment. We 100% need more plants in our apartment. I’ve found some cute pots at TJ Maxx, and it’s time to fill those up.
- Go camping (in the fall) and take the dogs! We have a lot of great camping gear that we didn’t use this past winter, and I’m ready to try it all out again in the Fall. There are so many great state parks in the upstate, and I can’t wait to visit more of them.
- Do the Whole 30 again. I haven’t decided when I want to do this, but I definitely know that I want to do the Whole 30 again.
- Learn to spend more time living in the present. I really need to focus more on enjoying everyday life and not getting so wrapped up in all the different projects I’m working on. This is something I really want to improve on.
So those are the 20 things I want to accomplish before 2020! Is there something you’re looking to accomplish or experience before the year is over? Just remember—there is no time like the present!