It’s been a while since I did a Friday Five, and I have so much I want to share. I actually have two different Friday Fives I could share with you, but I’ll save one for later.
Today, I want to talk to y’all about five things happening in the Charleston area this summer. I think y’all would enjoy them, too, even if you’re visiting!
- Shaggin’ on the Cooper. Live Music. Mt Pleasant Waterfront Pier. Dancing under the stars. Does it really get any better than that? Shag dancing is so much fun, not to mention it’s really a Carolina tradition. Admission only costs a few dollars for the evening, and you get to enjoy a unique camaraderie with all other shag dancers, both young and old along with lively music.
- 4th of July in Charleston. Ryan and I love to watch the fireworks over the Charleston Harbor, usually from Shem Creek Park. Plus, I really just like Independence Day! Spend a few hours on the beach, eat some wings at Home Team BBQ, and then rest before we head out to watch the fireworks. But the firework show really is spectacular.
- Couples’ Night at Wild Blue Ropes Adventure Park. Ryan and I have talked about trying the ropes obstacle course on James Island for a long time, but we’re officially going to do it this year—hopefully next month. It’s only $50/couple for two hours of fun! We’ve done one of these courses before (down in St Augustine) and it’s so much fun! Challenging, but fun.
- Dog Nights at the Charleston Riverdogs! I’ve wanted to take Goose to one of these for a while but never got around to it. This year, I want to take the dogs earlier in the summer, before it gets too hot. I’m not sure what Goose will think of a place where balls are constantly flying through the air. He might go crazy! We’ll be sure to document!
- Kacey Musgraves’ “Oh, What A World” tour. I recently started listening to a LOT of Kacey Musgraves, and I’m just bought my tickets to her concert. She’s coming to the Volvo Stadium on Daniel Island on Sept 20, and I can’t wait!
That’s it! So much is happening this summer, and new events are popping up every single week. What are you excited for this summer?