Happy Tuesday, y’all! I hope your week is going well so far. We’re still trying to get back into our normal routine since we were out of town all weekend (I’ve got a fun post coming up soon about our trip). Now, though, it’s March, and you know what that means…
St Patrick’s Day is upon us!
If you’re planning to celebrate St Patrick’s Day in the Holy City, I’ve compiled a list of St Patrick’s Day events, Charleston’s finest pubs, and several suggestions for where you can pick up something green for under $30!
St Patrick’s Day Events:
- Charleston St Patrick’s Day Parade, Saturday, March 16th. More info can be found here.
- Catch the Leprechuan 5K (at the Mount Pleasant Waterfront Park) on Wednesday, March 13th. I’m doing this with a handful of other people from my company, and I’m really excited about it! Wear a lot of green, complete the race course, and then enjoy a great post-race party! You can find out more about registration here.
- Lowcountry Irish Fest on Saturday, March 9th. This festival features lots of Irish music and lots of different performances throughout the day. Be sure and check out their website for more information.
*One other tip: Use your Facebook Events calendar to help you find other fun events in the area. I know that several bars are participating in bar crawls or the event, so be sure to check those out if that’s something you’d enjoy!
Best Pubs in Charleston:
- Tommy Condon’s in downtown Charleston. This our favorite pub in Charleston, and we love the live Irish music on the weekends. Christian Carroll, one of their star performers, is an incredibly talented fiddle-player, and I could love to hear him play and sing. Call ahead and make sure that he’s going to be playing! If you go, be sure and try their Snickers Bar Pie. It is to die for!
- Dunleavy’s Pub on Sullivan’s Island. Popular with locals, this spot will definitely be crowded on St Patty’s Day, but it’s definitely a fun spot to grab a beer or two!
- St James Gate on Folly Beach. I love the inside of this pub, and the food we ate there was delicious. Plus, Folly is just a really fun place to celebrate anything!
Now, the most important part of St Patrick’s Day is to WEAR GREEN! I already picked up the cutest green-and-white striped swing dress from Old Navy (y’all may have seen it in some of my previous posts). Old Navy has lots of cute green dresses under $30. Old Navy also has this adorable graphic tee that is perfect for St Patrick’s Day, and it’s currently on sale for under $15!
Be sure and share your fun St Patrick’s Day plans and outfits with me! I can’t wait to see your inner Irish coming out!