Happy Friday, y’all! Today I want to share some of my favorite beauty products with you. Usually, I buy the generic “store brand” of many products, unless I’m convinced that the Name Brand is better. Over the last couple months, I’ve found some products that really stand out to me, and I wanted to share them with you. They’re examples of why I choose to pay a little extra for good-quality products.
1. L’Oreal Paris Detox & Brighten Pure-Clay Mask. For almost as long as I can remember worrying about how my skin looked, I’ve dealt with blackheads (gross, I know) on my chin and nose. Nothing I’ve ever used (no scrubs or strips that almost rip your skin off) has worked before… until I tried this mask. Now, I’m not saying that my blackheads are gone completely, because they’re not; however, I have noticed a DRASTIC difference in them since I began using this 2-3 times a week. It does cost more than I typically spend on a face mask, but another blogger recommended it, and I’m sold!
(Okay, ignore the fact that I couldn’t apply a face-mask perfectly like some people do… it might not be pretty, but it works! Once the mask dries, I can see where it has gotten into each individual pore. I swear it’s pulling out so much of the dirt in my skin.)
2. Chi Keratin Silk Infusion. I have some super poofy hair… like Simba-grade poofy, especially in the Charleston humidity. A couple months ago, I actually broke my old Chi Straightener (I swear by their straighteners) and bought a new one at T.J. Maxx. It came with a sample of the Silk Infusion, and I gave it a try. From the first time I used it, I knew I was sold. It makes my hair so smooth and silky when I style it, and it doesn’t leave any oily or greasy residue. Definitely going to be a game-changer for me come summertime.
(l,r) My hair BEFORE I use the Chi Keratin Silk Infusion and my Chi straightener and AFTER I use the Infusion and straighten it!)
3. Aquaphor Ointment Body Spray Moisturizer. I saw so many people recommend this “spray lotion” online before I finally bought a bottle, but I’m definitely going to be using it regularly from now on. My arms and legs have felt so soft since I started using it daily. The spray-bottle makes the application super easy, and I love that there’s no greasy residue afterwards—not like some lotions.
(When I got my tattoo, Aquaphor was recommended to treat it while it healed!)
4. Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Perfume. For years, I purchased inexpensive body sprays, but I never felt like the scent stayed with me all day long. A couple years ago, I splurged and purchased this fragrance from Ulta, and I’ve been using it almost daily since. I think every woman should have a signature fragrance (I associate Chanel No. 9 with my mother, and I remember that she wore it on very special occasions. I think her mother wore it before her).
5. Urban Decay Eye-shadow. I’ll be honest, I’ve only tried Urban Decay’s eye-shadow because I’m afraid I’ll love their other products and be sold for life. I have three UD eye-shadow palettes that I’ve bought or received over the years, and I continue to use them almost daily. I’m a big fan of neutral, shimmery colors, but I love playing around with all the different shades in the palette. UD eye-shadow is definitely something I’m willing to spend extra on, and I highly recommend the color “Sin”. It’s the perfect neutral metallic that works for everyday where as well as dressing up for a night out!
What are some beauty products that you swear by? Anything new you’ve discovered recently? Be sure and share it with me in the comments!