Fall officially begins tomorrow, but the temperature here sure doesn’t feel anything close to fall-ish. We are supposed to get some cooler weather soon, and by that I mean that the highs will be in the lower eighties and our lows might dip into the high sixties. I’ll believe it when I finally feel it, but I literally dream of cooler weather… All I want is to walk outside without breaking into a sweat.
In honor of Fall arriving this week, I thought I would share the FIVE things about Fall that I am most excited about:
- Spending More Time Outside. We have so many beautiful parks and beautiful streets in this city, and no matter how long we live here, we always find new spots to explore. It’s just so hard to enjoy the great outdoors when you’re sweating profusely. If you’re one of the lucky people who doesn’t sweat much, I envy you more than you ever know.
- Do All “Basic” Fall Things. Yes, I want to carve pumpkins, drink apple cider, decorate for Halloween, and buy pumpkin spice scented candles. Oh, and eat a lot of Candy Corn. I only eat it one time a year—the two months prior to Halloween. One “basic” thing I don’t do during Fall is drink Pumpkin Spice Lattes… I don’t like the pumpkin flavor, but I do really enjoy my Pumpkin Spice scented candle from TJ Maxx. I also want to take Goose and Poppy to the pumpkin patch. We took Goose last year, and I’m excited to go back. For the cute photos.
- Break out leggings, infinity scarves, & my Sperry boots. I’m not even going to lie. I love leggings and yoga pants. They are so, so comfortable. And my Sperry boots are red and perfect. And can we please talk about scarves? I have these beautiful plaid tartan ones that look like something Claire would wear in Outlander.
- Apple Cider. Seriously, is there anything that smells better than a steaming cup of Apple Cider? I really don’t think so. During the Fall months, I’ll buy cider and heat it up at night at home. It’s so, so good.
- Weenie-Roasts. You’re probably wondering what the heck I’m talking about here, huh? Growing up, we would spend some Fall nights, outside around the campfire, roasting “weenies” (aka hot dogs). My mom would make a big pot of her Dime Store Hot Dog chili (remind me to share that recipe with you!), and we would all eat outside. Because my birthday is in October, I often had “weenie roasts” to celebrate. Sometimes, we would have hay-rides through the woods, too. Ahh… the childhood memories.
Anyway, those are the Fall thing I’m most excited about. What about you? Comment below and let me know your favorite thing about Fall!