I wanted to share a little bit more about myself (in case you’re don’t already know me very well). So I decided to answer Twenty Questions about myself. Here goes!
- What’s my favorite book? “Little Women”, definitely. It’s the best “coming-of-age story I’ve ever read, and I read it at least once every two years. I love the characters and the fact that we get to be a part of the characters’ lives from the time they’re young until they’re older, married, and starting families of their own.
- Who are my favorite authors? Mary Alice Monroe, Nancy Thayer, Elin Hildebrand, and Mary Kay Andrews. All write beach reads, but they each have a different take.
- What’s my favorite ice cream flavor? Ben & Jerry’s Half Baked, for sure!
- What are my favorite movie? When Harry Met Sally. I love 80s/90s romcoms, but especially this one!
- What’s my favorite TV show? FRIENDS!!! Outlander, based on the hit novel series by Diana Gabaldon, is a close favorite!
- Most beautiful place I have ever visited? Grand Turk in the Turks & Caicos islands. The water is crystal blue for as far as you can see, the beaches are white, and there is sea glass everywhere!
- What is one place I want to travel to soon? Scotland. It’s where Outlander is based (well part of it) and it looks so beautiful. Planning/hoping to go in 2020.
- Using one word, describe my family: BIG!
- As a child, what did I want to be when I grew up? An actress! I just knew I would make it big one day. And I guess I sorta did…on a local level, though!
- Who would play me in a movie about my life? Amanda Seyfried, definitely! You’ve seen her in Letters to Juliet, Mamma Mia, and Dear John.
- What cheers me up on a bad day? A walk on the beach typically helps, watching a few episodes of Friends, or a good hug from Ryan (he gives the best ones).
- What do I love most about living in the Charleston area? The proximity to the beach! I absolutely love living in the Lowcountry and seeing marshes and palm trees everywhere. And our apartment is less than fifteen minutes to the beach!
- What’s it like to be the baby of such a large family? It definitely has pros and cons. I know my parents were much more lenient on certain things, but also much more strict in some areas than they were with my older siblings.
- What is one thing that I always have in my purse? Gum or mints, both for anxiety and for fresh breath!
- What’s my biggest pet peeve? People who think they’re entitled to something. Get that attitude away from me! You have to work for it and earn it!
- What’s my current favorite song? “SIMPLE” by Florida Georgia Line.
- What is something I will splurge on? Good books & great food.
- Something I won’t splurge on? Name brand groceries–give me the Harris Teeter (our local Kroger, essentially) brand any day.
- What is my guilty pleasure food? Mozzarella sticks, preferably from Sonic. Accompanied by a large sweet tea. I haven’t allowed myself to visit Sonic much in the last few months.
- Coffee or tea? Coffee, for sure. Unless we’re talking about good Southern sweet tea. Which I’ve given up almost completely. I drink coffee in the mornings at home and occasionally get an iced coffee during the day from the small coffee shop across from my office.
I hope you learned something you didn’t know about me. And if you didn’t…well I’m glad you know me so well!