I have decided to create goals for myself at the beginning of every month. I think this is better than setting year-long resolutions that I’m most likely not going keep for an entire year. In order to hold myself accountable, I wanted to share some of my July goals with y’all.
- Go to the gym (at least) three times a week. I was in a really good habit of doing this earlier in the year, but you know how it is—one week I had some reason that I couldn’t go…and then it spirals out of control.
- Be more aware of what I’m putting into my body. This is rather all-encompassing, but I want to be more conscious of my water consumption, eating food that fuels my body, and the vitamins I’m taking in. I want to begin taking a women’s multivitamin, so if anyone has any recommendations, please let me know.
- Finish the 3rd draft of my novel. I only have a little way to go in my revisions before my book is ready to be sent out to my beta-readers (the small group who will read, critique, and offer suggestions for improvements). I have some personal deadlines in mind for this, but life has a way of keeping me from working on it as much as I would like.
- Cross three things off our summer bucket list! Ryan and I have been doing well about trying new things (including several new restaurants), but we’ve got to up our game! When I get this draft of my novel finished, I’m taking a brief hiatus from fiction writing (a couple weeks) so that I can recharge, read, and relax. Hopefully during that hiatus, we’ll be able to knock out a few things on our bucket list.
- Catch up on my reading! I have a stack of nearly fifteen books that I’ve accumulated from the library over the last few weeks, and I’ve got to start reading them! I’ve made my way through two of them over the last ten days, but they’re due back soon. Again, when I take my hiatus from writing, I plan on doing a LOT of reading!
Well, those are my main goals for the month of July. None of them are too insane, but the main one I’m working on right now (besides going to the gym) is finishing my novel. I’ve got to finish it. I’ve been working on it for over a year now, and I think my brain is going to explode if I look at it for much longer. Currently, I have about five chapters left to revise as well as five new chapters and a new ending to write. I’ve got this!
See y’all later,